Thursday, February 02, 2006

Clearing Out...

My friend Belinda reckons the best bit about planning an extended overseas trip is resigning from your job. I reckon it's going through your old work emails, making sure you don't leave anything too terrible for others to find, and having a wee reminisce.

Here are some of the things people have sent me over the past 18 months that, in some way, sum up some aspect of my life (at work and after hours) since September 2004...

Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-

I’ve learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you far too soon… and all the less important ones just never go away.

I’ve learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you’ve finished.

I’ve learned that you can get by on charm for about 15 minutes. After that you better have a big willy, or huge boobs. (Ideally, not both.)

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on. (So much for my philosophy that ‘there are no stupid questions’.)


There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

You should not confuse your career with your life.

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Your friends love you anyway.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car. (hmmmm)

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a Horrible Warning.

From www.theage.com.au Wednesday April 6, 2005
Hong Kong's expatriate community has been amused by a ship in Victoria Harbor:
emblazoned across its stern is the name Titan Uranus.

No comments: