Sunday, March 01, 2009

Wytham Wood is playing Oxford Folk Festival!


Wytham Wood is the name my friend Jules-of-the-amazing-songs-and-guitar-playing and I started performing under at the end of last year. This is our demo CD, recorded in appalling circumstances (I had so much flu I couldn't speak, yet somehow had to figure out how to sing) in December.

Apparently it's 'good enough' though - cos we've just scored our first 'big' gig, playing on the second stage at Oxford Folk Festival, on March 20!


Check this out! We've even got a blurb:

Wytham Wood

Saturday Cornbury Stage

Named after one of Oxford's magical places, Wytham Wood play an enchanting mix of traditional and self penned material. Julian Dickinson (acoustic guitar/vocals) and Georgie Cundall (vocals) make up this talented local duo.

Yes Mum, and Shona, I'm experimenting with a stage name. Please don't expect it to be a permanent change - I been a Stickels for far too long to mess with my mojo now. Now all we gotta do is figure out what to play, and start rehearsing... I'm so excited!!

Oh, and if anyone wants to see real music at the festival, the big names include Kate Rusby, John Spiers (rhymes with pliers) and Jon Boden, Lau (BBC2 Folk Award winners), Wilber, Cock & Bull, the Oxford Fiddle Group and the Ukelele Orchestra of Great Britain. Stop laughing - everyone says the Uke Orc is really good. No bull.

No comments: