Friday, April 17, 2009

The Italian Job


Right, now that it's all official, I can finally post publicly some very exciting news. Some time in the next couple of months, the lovely Ants and I will be relocating to Rome, so that I can take up a very cool climate change job with the UN World Food Programme. I'm so giddy at the thought, I can hardly stand up.

OMG - Rome! Holy crap - the UN.

I was offered the job just before easter. There was a small mountain of paperwork, and I still have to pass a medical (next week) before I can resign, but we're not expecting any dramas there.

Being me, I've shot my trap off with mates already. Lads and lasses at work and friends from round about have all been effusive, excited and just gorgeous and supportive. Which is really good, because after a fairly stressful few months on the work front, I have to own that I feel a real sense of loss about leaving, and an aversion to 'yet more' change that really isn't "like me".

So, bouyed up by our friends, Ants and I are finally starting to get excited about this, more akin to the way I expected to feel!

There's A LOT to be done to effect the move (new tenant, find a place to live, visas, medicals). I'm trying not to sweat bricks over the potential to do list.

But we also have a lot to be excited about, and to look forward to... starting with next month's Morimondo sojourn and fact finding mission in the south... watch this space for further news!

No comments: