Monday, February 16, 2009

At last - our new home!

I booked Monday off so that I could repent at leisure with my hangover - which was, much to my joy, nowhere near as fierce as expected.

Once I'd consumed a (still somewhat necessary) fried brekkie, I thought I'd get creative with the camera and show you our new house. From the outside, it's very much (in the words of my brilliant friend Paula) 'the house you drew as a kid - a big square front with a door and 4 windows'. But with more charisma, we think.

The outside piccies are from when we had snow (it's all gone now), but the inside ones show you what our place is like now that our donated furniture has arrived, courtesy of Andy and Christine from over the road, who are moving in together and were getting rid of some of their surplus. That New Inn is better than Freecycle, I tell ya. I
have to say I've never had quite such a grownup house before, and I reckon I kinda like it. Before you go shaking your head at how domestic I've become, however, I need to point out that most of our finishing touches - the rugs on the sofas, the mirror over the fireplace, hallstand beside the front door, and the giant toaster in the kitchen - are in fact the brainchild of my lovely husband. Who knew he'd turn out to be such a domestic godliness? (Let's see how long it lasts!)

1 comment:

Special K said...

Wow! It's lovely! And so grown up as you said. With such a brilliant backyard! :D