Saturday, November 08, 2008

Bonfire night!

Today, I did two things that, had I done them in Melbourne, would have been completely illegal. First, when I drove to the shop, I parked on the wrong side of the street. It does't make sense that you can do that here, and it buggers up traffic flows no end, but so many of the streets are dead narrow, so you can, and people do.

Second, when I went into the shops, I BOUGHT FIREWORKS. And we let them off in Shep's backyard, with a massive bonfire, and rockets and catherine wheels and sparkly coloured showery things going up everywhere. And we ate baked potatoes with chilli and game pie and sophies-first-effort-at-grahams-bonfirenight-toffee. We roasted chestnuts and drank mulled wine and cider and all but drained Shep's kegs of Hook Norton beer.

And a lovely time was had by all and I can't wait for next bonfire night, now that I know what it's all about!

No comments: