Monday, October 06, 2008

Isle of Wight

A forecast of completely rubbish weather was not enough to dampen our spirits as we took off on the latest Mighty Redox and Legendary Pete Fryer Band road trip. Neither Ants nor I had been to the Isle of Wight, and our chum Brenda the Saffa had only been once. And she hadn't been on a trip like this. Team drinkies and a 2am finish before left me in no fit shape to enjoy the ferry crossing, even after a pie at the terminal. This is me hiding my hangover from Brenda. And this is Ants protecting me (just before poking me in the belly - the big meanie!) We arrived in Rookley in time for lunch , although the dodgy smelling burgers did nothing to help my queasiness. A nana nap in the afternoon produced much better results, and we all trooped off for a top notch dinner and to see the bands in action. I do love this lot!! Being still a little seedy, I retired gracefully around midnight. Ants and Brenda stayed til stumps and were kicked out of the bar several hours later. Ants being literally twice B's size, he handled the copious pints, rounds of tequila and doubles of Captain Morgan's spiced rum a whole lot better than she did. Although tellingly, there are no embarrassing photos of Brenda from 3am... take a bow Mr Cundall!!
And the weather forecast proved depressingly correct, so we saw next to nothing of the Isle of Wight itself. But the view of the harbour was pretty, and we've loads to see when we come back next time...

No comments: