Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Channel Swim update:

Just thought you'd like to know - I've now done 6 swims, ranging in distance from 1400m to 2300m. Total to date: 10,400m down, exactly 25,000 to go!

To all those who have sponsored me so far - especially those in Aus, cos the dollar doesn't quite buy the pounds it did a few weeks back - thankyou!! Liam, I will get you that Lap of Dog Paddle on film soon, I promise :-)


This photo was taken when I was 20 - my mum scanned it and sent it over to help my fundraising pitch. In 2004 I won the Women's Open age group of the Bairnsdale Bridge to Bridge, a 2.5km race in the Nicholson River. Technically I was 3rd woman across the line - I was beaten by a pair of 50-somethings, but it remains the only swimming 'gold' medal I've ever won!

No comments: