Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sundays at the Dan

This is my local, the Dan O'Connell Hotel in Carlton. I've been hanging out here for more than 10 years. The most excellent Mikko used to say that the best pubs are the ones that feel just like your loungeroom at home, only bigger, so they can fit more of your friends inside. By this measure, the Dan is the best pub ever.

This is a session. Sessions at the Dan happen on a Sunday, from about 9pm. I met the lovely Anthony at one such session, almost exactly two years ago.






This is Ants being daft... big drums like this sound silly played with a tipper...

Life doesn't get better than Sundays like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Myke shares exactly the same opinion of the perfect pub. I still yearn for the lovely Carlton Arms - our local when we lived in Hackney. I wonder if it's still there...