Sunday, February 18, 2007

Snacky antipodean goodness.

Running out of annual leave while waiting for visas meant going back to work on my birthday (boo). My cheery workchums livened up the day somewhat with a gorgeous card and abundant good wishes - always good on a first day back.

In honour of these two dubious grounds for celebration (getting older and doing more work than I had in more than a month), I took in a selection of the Aussie snack foods I missed most during my first year in the UK.

So funny to watch people walk into the kitchen and go ‘oooh, what ARE they?’ 'Are these savoury? Look those twistie things come in chicken flavour as well as cheese'. Easy to pick the folk who had actually been to Australia, by their squeals of 'look! She brought Cheezels AND Timtams! Yum!!'

Although personally, I’m more of a Cherry Ripe girl…

No comments: