Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Introducing... Eclipse!

Ever since the lovely Anthony arrived here 4 weeks ago, we've been busily throwing ourselves into Oxford's vibrant live music scene.

Anthony's talent with the bodhrain (irish drum) has drawn huge praise - he'd only been in town a week when, on joining him for a pint at Joe Ryan's Most Excellent Half Moon, I found him deep in conversation with three of Oxford most seasoned folk and blues veterans, whom I'd at best met in passing.

So we're singing at sessions a couple of times a week and have even been asked to do our first gig together! So we will be playing a slot at a benefit event for Amnesty in December. Allow me to introduce Oxford's newest acapella folk duo - Eclipse.

I've also scored another gig, working up a couple of numbers with my friends Guy, Sal and Barney, who together make up Strange Vintage. Guy would be the selfsame Guy Pearce with whom I made my gigging debut back in August, at the Marlborough House. He is also responsible for a moderate hangover today... not ideal for a Tuesday.

No comments: