Sunday, June 22, 2008

Introducing the very fabulous Carbon Trust Away Day Band

For the past couple of months I've been scooting down to London to catch up with some of the very talented lads and lasses I work with - not for their low-carbon talents, but for band practice! Last night, our hard work came together at our 'one night only' appearance at the Carbon Trust annual conference. Okay, so apart from the fact that NOBODY I work with has ever seen be in a little black dress and knee high boots, it was a hoot. No matter how comprehensive some of our rehearsal screwups had been, it really did all go right on the night. I even ended up with my first groupies - several of the guys and gals from my team rushed the front of the stage and started up a wee 'Go Georgi' cheer... mad.

Francis, Georgi, Kathryn, Kofi natterin' between numbers

Beltin' it out - a little bit o' Brown Sugar
Andy 'the Godfather' Togher twiddles with the fiddly bits on one of his seven guitars (and knocks out one helluva solo!)By day, Professor Michael Grubb is CT's chief economist...
After the show...Says it all really...I felt like a proper rock star - right up until the moment where, at 7am and after not enough sleep, I had to drive back to work... ahhhh Cinderella, next time remember not to stay up quite so much past midnight...

No comments: