Monday, April 28, 2008

Punting!


We've finally had our first day of 'warm enough for tshirts and shorts', so Ants and I headed into Oxford's awesome covered market to pick up picnic supplies and then went punting. My blokey is a natural at this! He reckons it felt odd until he took his shoes off, but have you ever seen anyone with more of a 'lord of all I behold' countenance than this?? Next day was also fine and we headed off to the Victoria Arms hotel, a gorgeous spot on the banks of the Cherwell river, walking distance from our place, for Ants' birthday drinkies. We arrived at midday, adjourned for tapas around 7pm and hit the Half Moon for the Sunday session by 9pm... Some of us (ie me) had to work the next morning, so I wandered home, more or less sober, at midnight. Ants, however, was not working, and all I'll say is that I'm pleased he decided not to wake me when he came home, as I don't like my sleep being cut short by half an hour before getting up for work...

Happy birthday Toots!

No comments: