Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white... Easter!

Yes, it's true. Although I'm yet to see a white Christmas in England (or on any of my past jaunts to Europe), we have had a white Easter in Oxford this year. Easter Saturday dawned bright and sunny, and I mentally pooh-poohed the weathermen who predicted freezing and snow. (When do they ever get it right). By lunchtime, I had to eat my words, as band after band of cloud flew overhead, resulting in a day of sunny patches interspersed every half hour or so, with downpours of rain, hail, sleet and eventually fat flakes of snow in wild flurries all over the lawn. There was never enough for it to collect on the ground, but Ants was snowed on again this morning on his way home from work.

According to Ants we're not going to have another Easter this early for 152 years, so it's likely to be the last. That's probably not a bad thing...

No comments: