Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Oh dear...

Ants and the lovely Lizzy and I went to the Original Re-enactor's Market near Coventry on Saturday... we don't have ANYTHING like this at home. Imagine more than 100 stalls filling two huge sports halls, making everything from shifts and corsets to shining sallets, hand carved bows, books of medieval music, wax tablets, parchment and vellum, dandelion wine... and home made burgers and fudge for the hungry shoppers!

Yum.

One bloke, who makes beautiful pewter tankards also had informations on various saints, whose images he depicts on the handles of spoons. I wonder if Mikko ever knew that the Patron Saint of Alcoholics is St Mathius. (I'm sure his parents didn't)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just opened this window to write a response to this update when my house mate came in and handed me a letter with a "par avion" stamp on it. talk about timing. Thankyou! I am looking at it sitting next to my laptop bag with another that I purchased this year wrapped around the buckle on the bag. It will be taken good care of, and worn with pride. Lest we forget.


So anyhow what I was going to say is that Keith from the Dan has written on a t-shirt "I am not an Alchoholic! Alchoholics go to meetings."

Cheers, Beers, Love and Hugs!