Friday, September 15, 2006

It’s not every day a girl gets called a goddess…

And even when it comes from a pissed bloke who’s about to fall over a table, I still think it counts.

How did such a thing come to pass? Well, you'll remember that I found an open mike night courtesy of Charlie and Ed-the-Aberdonian. After much mustering of courage (aided by a few pints), I've started doind unaccompanied stuff, braving the use of a mike for the first time ever... and last week, by some total fluke, I won!

My prize was my very own gig the following Friday - my first ever. Aided by my very talented chum Guy Pearce, (12string, vocals, sound guru – and looks fab in high heels and hotpants – oops, sorry, wrong Guy Pearce…) we made our way through 2 x 45 minute sets of classic rock and new stuff, a little bit o’ soul, and a whole lotta laughs. Guy is a sound engineer by profession and managed to make even me sound good, and I had so much fun!

Apparently, I’ve been asked to have another crack this weekend, supporting Pete (aka Trigger) who won this week… watch this space.

No comments: